The Community Portal (Care and Support North Ayrshire or careNA) gathers and processes information about you so that your requests can be delivered effectively and efficiently. The following Privacy Statement details how we will look after your information. Additional details are provided in www.carena.org.uk/terms-conditions
Requesting Personal Information
When the Community Portal asks you for information there is a commitment to:
- Make sure you know why we need it and ask for only what is needed;
- Protect your personal information and make sure nobody has access to it who should not;
- Take proportionate steps to prevent the loss, misuse or alternation of your personal information;
- Inform you if it is shared with any other organisations unless the law allows us to share it without consent;
- Ensure that personal information is not kept for longer than is necessary;
- Not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
Providing Personal Information
It is expected that when providing personal information that you:
- Provide us with accurate information;
- Inform us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information.
This will ensure that your personal information is reliable and kept up to date.
Your Information Rights
When receiving personal information, the Community Portal will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. Further information and independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website or contact the Scottish Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office Scotland
45 Melville Street
Telephone 0131 244 9001
Changes to This Privacy Notice
There is a commitment to ensure that this privacy notice is kept under regular review. This notice was last updated on 19 February 2015.