Ayrshire Epilepsy Support Group
Date of Event: September 20, 2018
Ayrshire Epilepsy Support Group meet at Fullarton Connexions Church, Irvine in the studio. They will be meeting on Thursday 20 September 2018 from 5.15pm—7.15pm, All welcome.
The group will be accompanied by Gareth Davison, Epilepsy Specialist Nurse and Jim Thompson, Epilepsy Connections Fieldworker, Ayrshire & Arran.
The group discussion topics for 2018 included:
- Hearing about the benefits system and the impact it has on people affected by epilepsy.
- Raising awareness about epilepsy with employers and the wider public.
- Looking at how to connect with people who are hard to reach due to their location, lack of transport and sometimes lack of information.
- Information on telecare/telehealth aids and equipment.
- Occupational Health and how it benefits people affected by epilepsy.
- First Aid.