Fairer Food Participatory Budgeting Event
Date of Event:
June 8, 2019
Saturday 8 June 2019, 10.30am – 12.30pm, Eglinton Park
Local people and groups from across North Ayrshire are invited to bid for up to £1000 for initiatives which will improve food access in their community.
Funding applications should meet three or more of North Ayrshire’s Fairer Food pledges and priorities:
• To enhance the wellbeing of individuals and communities through access to good food
• Promote the social value of food and support people in opportunities such as volunteering, learning
and access to wider activities, with a focus on reducing social isolation
• Provide dignified opportunities to access food over holiday periods and weekends
• To engage with partners to improve and/or increase opportunities around food
• To reduce the environmental impact of food by growing food locally and reducing food surplus/ waste
Application forms are available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 10 May 2019 at 5pm.
Even if you’re not bidding for funds, you can come along to vote and find out what’s happening in your area!
Voting is is open to anyone aged eight and over who lives, works or volunteers in the North Ayrshire.
Refreshments will be available and fun outdoor activities taking place!