Crohn’s And Colitis UK
Crohns’s and Colitis UK are the leading charity in the battle against Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
The work carried out by the charity helps make life better for the 300,000 people in the UK with Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis and other forms of IBD.
As well as providing information on all aspects of Crohn’s and Colitis the charity also provide a confidential support service whether you are:
- newly diagnosed or have lived with IBD for some time
- a friend, relative, partner or carer
- a young person with IBD, or their parent
- wanting to know about the daily impact of Crohn’s and Colitis
- seeking emotional support
- needing practical help, such as applying for disability benefits
Information Officers aren’t medically trained but can provide general information about a range of subjects, including:
- Tests and diagnosis
- Dietary questions
- Employment issues
- Accessing welfare benefits
- Finding support from others with the condition
Click here if you would like to find out more about this service.
If you need emotional support you can access this by contacting a dedicated helpline. For contact details and running times please click here.
These conditions can be distressing for children and exhausting (not to mention upsetting and stressful) for parents and relatives. They can have a significant impact on family life, if this affects you or someone you love click here to view support that could be offered to you.