Free Online Platform to Support Carers
North Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership are joining forces with national charity Carers UK to offer support to carers via an online platform that can be accessed 24/7. At a click of a mouse registered carers in North Ayrshire will have free, 24/7 access to the Digital Resource for Carers, including:
• About Me: building resilience for carers: an e-learning resource that helps carers identify and build networks of support and promotes self-care.
• Jointly: a care co-ordination app for people sharing care that offers group messaging, task, calendar, medication and contacts management.
• Looking after someone: Carers Rights Guide: helps carers understand their rights as a carer and where to go for financial or practical help.
• The role of good nutrition when caring for someone: an e-learning course that aims to help carers understand the role of nutrition both for themselves as well as the person they are looking after.
• Upfront Guide to Caring: a simple assessment tool to guide people new to caring or seeking support for the first time to navigate Carers UK website.
• Being Heard: a self-advocacy guide for carers: which helps carers develop the skills to self-advocate.
• Technology and care: information and resources on how to access products and services to help with care and caring.
• Plus links to local information and support for carers in North Ayrshire.
For further information contact Unity North Ayrshire Carers Centre on 01294 311333 or visit the office at 174 High Street, Irvine, KA12 8AN.