Confident Conversations about Technology – Carers only event
DATE AND TIME LOCATION
Monday 20th November 2017 The Lighthouse, 11 Mitchell Lane,
10:00 – 15:00 Glasgow, G1 3NU
FREE EVENT – REFRESHMENTS & LUNCH INCLUDED
Alzheimer Scotland’s technology team have developed this event specifically for carers to help raise awareness of the technology services and solutions that are available and where to find them. The event will be very informal and relaxed with opportunities for questions and discussion and refreshments throughout the day.
The event is designed for carers of a person living with dementia – husband, wife, partner, son, daughter, adult grandchildren, relatives, friends and neighbours.
- Get hands-on and try out tech products*
- Hear what other carers and people with dementia say about the products – were they complicated and a waste of time, or really useful and worth the money?
- Tell us what you need? Are there reasons why you haven’t found a solution already e.g. cost barriers, or just don’t know where to look?
- Do you know that you may be able to access telecare** services?
- What are you using in your home to support you in your caring role? Do you have really helpful systems in place already that you can tell other people about? We’d love to share them…..
*Products – When we talk about products, we mean anything that’s available to buy in shops, online or that you can access through your local telecare and telehealth provider. This could be a phone with a built in call blocker, a GPS device, home monitoring systems, easy mobile phones and remote controls etc. **Telecare – A service provided by local authorities through their health and social care departments to support people living at home through the installation of various technology products, including home monitoring, falls detectors and responding services.
The event will empower you to have confident conversations about tech possibilities with the person you support and their multi-disciplinary health and social care team. We will guide you through acquiring new skills and knowledge and help you to find more ways to self-manage in your caring role, including accessing potential funding support.
For more information about the day or to talk to us directly, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
Charlotte Swarbrick on 07880 002 770