North Ayrshire Council Housing Services
Do you receive help with your housing costs through Universal Credit?
Then you must update your online Universal Credit journal with your new rent amount on or after 29th March 2021 or you could lose out on financial help towards the increase in your rent. Please update your on-line journal advising of the date of the increase and the new fortnightly rent charge.
Please note if you are in receipt if Housing Benefit from North Ayrshire Council then you do not need to take any action, their rent department will notify them directly of your rent increase and the increase will be applied to your claim.
You will need to complete the “Confirm your Housing Costs” on your journal or follow the steps below to update your Universal Credit journal:
1. Click on ‘report a change of circumstances’
2. You will see a message “what do you want to tell us about?”
3. Click ‘where you live and what it costs?’
4. Click the green ‘change’ button
5. Click ‘something else’ from the options
6. Add the date you want your rent charge to start
7. Add your new rent charge amount
8. Add any relevant service charge – if it is zero then add 0.00
This should be done within your assessment period on or after the rent increase date and not on receipt of this letter. If you need help to do this contact the Welfare Reform Advice Team on 0300 999 4606.