SMART Recovery Meetings in North Ayrshire
Date of Event:
August 7, 2017
Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART) is an evidence based programme to help people manage their recovery from any type of addictive behaviour. This includes addictive behaviour with substances such as alcohol, nicotine or drugs, or compulsive behaviours such as gambling, sex, eating, shopping, self-harming amongst others.
SMART groups run from a model where people with lived experience of addiction problems can become trained up in SMART and are then able to facilitate a SMART recovery meeting within their community.
North Ayrshire ADP is committed to supporting the development of peer facilitated meetings throughout North Ayrshire.
SMART Recovery for Family and Friends provides support and tools for people who are affected by the addictive behaviour of someone close to them.
The programme aims to help participants develop more effective coping strategies and find a greater sense of fulfilment in their own lives. Find one in your area
- Ardrossan: Monday – 10:00am – 11.30am VENUE: Civic Centre, Glasgow Street, Ardrossan
- Kilwinning : Tuesday – 10-11.30am VENUE: Old Parish Church Erskine Hall, Garden Square Lane, Kilwinning, Ayrshire, KA13 6AD
- Largs : Tuesday – 1-2.30pm VENUE: The Brisbane Centre, Bath Street, Ayrshire
- Dalry : Thursday 1- 2.30pm (Started 1 December 2016) VENUE: Dalry Community Centre, St Margaret Ave, Dalry KA24 4BA
- Irvine: Wednesdays 10am-11.30am at The Volunteer Rooms, 18 High Street, Irvine.
For more information, contact the ADP on 01294 310632 or visit their website.